Well hello there 2018!
Ya’ll know I’m not a big fan of the idea of resolutions. I find them to be a fantastic set-up for failure. Especially when people start throwing around the concept of “New Year, New Me!”
I hate that.
When I first started this blog way back in 2015 I talked about the idea of working on an improved me over a new one. I am me. There’s no getting around that and frankly, nothing I need to be new.
But I like the idea of spending time working to improve myself and, much like everyone else, I’m choosing the rotation of the sun to determine a time to work on those goals.
Here’s a short list of things I’m hoping to improve upon in this coming year:
- Fitness– getting back into regularly working out
- Writing– I’m trying to write a little bit every day, even if it’s nonsense
- Blogging– I was really inconsistent last year, hoping to have more adventures and create more content
- Read More– I’ve been really good at buy books but not at reading them… this needs to change
- Finances– I’m terrible with money and I’ll be the first to admit it, I want to fix that
It may not seem like much but it’s quite a heft list when you really think about it. Five big things to improve about myself over the course of 365 days.
Will I succeed?
And that’s okay.
I am far from being a perfect person and I’m sure I will fall short in some areas as life happens. Because life does happen!
The great thing is, that the structure of one will help build upon the structure of the others. Part of these fall into my professional goals for the year as I’m really trying to build on my other blog as I’ve put so much time and effort into this one.
So we’ll see how it all goes and I look forward to dragging you all on this adventure whether you like it or not.