Serving Size = 1 Cup
21 Day Fix Portions = 2 Yellow (1 yellow, 1 yellow substitute), 1 Green, 1 Blue and 1 Red
1/2 Box Whole Grain Noodles (I use elbows!)
1 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
1/2 Jar Sundried Tomatoes in Olive Oil, Julienne Cut
2 Chicken Breasts, diced
1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 Cup Milk
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp Flour (I use whole wheat)
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
Red Pepper Flakes (for added kick!)
Sale & Pepper
1. Cook noodles as instructed on package. Set aside 1/4 cup of the starchy
2. At the same time: Spoon 1-2 tbsp of the olive pil from the jar of tomatoes into a skillet
3. Sauté sundried tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic until tender. Season with pepper and red pepper flakes. Remove from pan and set aside in mixing bowl- cover to keep warm
4. Add more of the tomato oil to the skillet. Dice chicken and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until cooked through and then add to bowl with the vegetables.
5. In the skillet add the butter. Whisk in the flour to create a roux. Add milk and stir until the milk bubbles and the sauce thickens a bit.
6. Stir in the shredded cheese, use a figure 8 motion until the cheese has melted into the sauce. Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste.
7. Add the cooked noodles to the bowl and mix. Add the starchy water and cheese sauce and mix like crazy.
8. Add shredded parmesan cheese to make it pretty and because of cheese